[Electronics-Talk] best currently-available flip phone

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 00:14:15 UTC 2017

Sandra, sadly, for as long as market forces dictate what’s being made, we may never get a smartphone that isn’t flat-screened. I have tried several models, and because of some minor fine-motor difficulties and an innate distaste for talking to the phone, making voice commands I mean, I never even made the learning curve and went from slim motivation to none! I’m as into capitalism as the next conservative, but in this case, market dynamics don’t work in our favor—for the few who want all the features of a smartphone with TTS, plus feelable buttons and easy-to-navigate interfaces. In my experience, most blind people excel at touch screens (or, just have more patience than I have in my little finger), but that leaves others of us in the dust. Just patently unfair!

Sandra

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”
(Henry David Thoreau)

---