[Electronics-Talk] Unable to Complete Lyft Ride Requests Using Siri

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 01:43:04 UTC 2017

Good evening everyone,

                We began using Lyft and Uber last spring and love these
services. We use both of them with our iPhones and Siri. Until recently
we've been able to make and complete ride requests with Siri. This is still
the case with Uber but we think something may have changed when making ride
requests with Lyft.

                When requesting a ride with Siri and Lyft we can dictate the
ride information using Siri and are then presented with an estimated time of
arrival. Siri then asks is we wish to request this ride to which we answer
"Yes." Until now once we confirm our ride request via Siri the ride is on
its way.

Lately when asked if we wish to request this trip by Siri we've been
receiving a message saying "We're sorry. You must complete this request in
the App." One can open the Lyft App by double tapping the "Open Lyft" Button
on the iPhone screen. When the Lyft App is open we can review the pickup and
destination addresses allowing us to confirm that the information is
correct. Below this information near the iPhone's "Home Button" appears a
button called "Request Lyft." If one double-taps this button the request is
executed and you're soon on your way to where you need to go.

                We're wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen to
see if this is a new ride confirmation procedure put in place by Lyft, or if
Siri and the current version of the Lyft App we're using aren't playing
together well. We think there may be a possibility that it may have to do
with the Lyft App being taylored to iOS11 is no longer working properly
under iOS10. We have an appointment at our local Apple Store to get help
upgrading to iOS11 and to have this and a few other issues addressed.
Perhaps there's a setting one must change in the latest version of Lyft that
will allow ride requests to be completed entirely with Siri.

                Finding information addressing this issue on the Lyft
Website is fast becoming like a trip to the dentist. These guys have a great
service but it would be nice to have manuals one can read online or
download. Perhaps the likes of David Pogue will come out with a book
entitled "Using Lyft: The Missing Manual."If this an issue for some Lyft
customers I hope they fix it in the next upgrade. Please let us know if you
have had this same thing occur.

Peter Donahue