[Electronics-Talk] phone service through router

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Dec 18 22:20:02 UTC 2018

The router I have has an RJ45 port on the back to plug in phone equipment.
I had tried using an old phone and by old the phone was made back in the
1960's.  Though that was able to call out, it couldn't ring when an
incoming phone call tried to connect.  Probably since the routers do not
put out 25 volts which is what verizon puts out on their traditional
copper wire connected to landline phones that connect into the wall.
I'm curious do phones or phone systems exist that will ring with lower
voltages sent through RJ45 ports on routers?