[Electronics-Talk] Sending Music Audio from PC to External Amplifier

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 05:10:07 UTC 2018

I'm not sure if it would work for you but a ChromeCast from Google might
be an option. It hooks up to your wifi and then has audio output
options, such as 3.55MM or HDMI, that you could plug into your stereo.
You then need a program on your PC that supports casting. You can cast
from the browser Chrome, so if you know how to play your music in Chrome
then you should be able to cast it to your ChromeCast hooked up to your
stereo.

On 12/29/18 9:16 PM, Doug Payne via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have lots of music on my PC which I would like to listen to on my conventional 2.1 audio "stereo" system. I want to do this wirelessly, because I still want to hear my screen reder and the other Windows sounds directly on my laptop. My first thought was to send the music audio to a USB soundcard, then send that soundcard output to my audio system via a Blue tooth transmitter/receiver pair. That may work, but it seems a littler cumbersome to me. Is there a better way to do this? Could/Should I use Wi-Fi instead?
>
> Do they make preamplifiers which have Wi-Fi or Blue Tooth as an input?
>
> --Doug

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail