[Electronics-Talk] Sending Music Audio from PC to External Amplifier

Doug Payne doug_Payne at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 03:16:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have lots of music on my PC which I would like to listen to on my conventional 2.1 audio "stereo" system. I want to do this wirelessly, because I still want to hear my screen reder and the other Windows sounds directly on my laptop. My first thought was to send the music audio to a USB soundcard, then send that soundcard output to my audio system via a Blue tooth transmitter/receiver pair. That may work, but it seems a littler cumbersome to me. Is there a better way to do this? Could/Should I use Wi-Fi instead?

Do they make preamplifiers which have Wi-Fi or Blue Tooth as an input?

--Doug