[Electronics-Talk] Spectrum 110 Cable Box for Peter

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:47:32 UTC 2018

Bear in mind that not all programs support the SAP, (Secondary Audio
Presentation), recording. If this happens, one of two things will occur.

More often than not, you will get the exact same audio as if you had hit
nothing at all to turn on the DVS. At least with the box I'm using, this
can easily be toggled by pressing A, which is a little yellow triangular
button on the remote, fifth down from the very top left, then the number
2. On newer remotes that went with the Spectrum Guide 2.0 boxes, there
is no A button. It now has become the Options button. It's not a
triangle but is in the same place. If you find on those remotes, the
menu button right below the down arrow key, one button to the left of
that is options. Hit that then the number 2. It's kind a like hitting
Options then 3 to toggle on/off guide narration. Only difference is
options 1 is close  caption, option 2 is DVS, and option 3 is narration
speech.

Anyway, getting back to the whole SAP ordeal, I've only had this happen
once, but I'm curious if this may be what's happening here with the
volume. When turning DVS/SAP, on, call it what you will, either/or, I'm
wondering if you've gotten a program which not only doesn't support SAP
audio, but further, it supports *no!* audio. Meaning, if you turn on
SAP, you'll get absolutely nothing at all as far as audio goes. It'll be
as if your TV is muted.

The other day on the Golf channel, there was a ternimant going, and this
is precisely what happened. I was trying for almost 20 minutes to figure
out what in the world was going on. Finally it downed on me.

Chris.