[Electronics-Talk] FW: [Njtechdiv] live listen with your earpods in ios 12 friends

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:15:48 UTC 2018

This is precisely why I absolutely am growing little by little more and
more to hate Apple's Ecosystem. I have to use them for work purpose,
but, if it weren't for that, I'd be Android all the way.

First, I agree entirely. The Apple Airpods are definitely not the most
comfy, and they do not stay in my ears hardly at all. But, to anyone's
defense, nor do most any earbuds. I usually have to do the over the ear
muffs or studio cans.

This said, let's get down to business answering your question.

The short answer is, no. You cannot seem to use another type wired nor
bluetooth earphone. Now, what I don't know is, if you had a 3rd party
type headset which did Airplay2 instead of bluetooth, would that work. I
don't have any type headset like that aside from the airpods.

The other thing I really really hate about this is, the mike even in the
new iPhone XS and XS Max, which I have the XS, is not the most
sensitive. So, if someone's all the way across the room, good luck
hearing them clearly in most cases. They'll still sound really far off.
I get this is no hearing aid substitute, but still, this really is in my
personal opinion, and let me make that very clear, a poor design.

Also, there is some lag from the actual sound vs. what is fed back
through the airpods. It's about a half a second latency. It's just
enough to be super super annoying!

This is just my observation of testing this out for you guys. My
opinions do not necessarily reflect those of everyone else on list, so
be mindful. Your milage very likely may vary.

Chris.