[Electronics-Talk] ADT Pulse

Robin Frost robini71 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 02:39:53 UTC 2019

Hi,
I have it and it suits my needs quite well.
For those who ask it augments an ADT alarm system with smart home controls
like light switches either the type you can plug lamps into or in the wall
switches for instance that can control exterior lights.  It can also
interface with security cameras and smart locks and perhaps even internet
connected thermostats.
Obviously the functions of the cameras aren't accessible to us due to the
nature of things being visual but with assistance one can review footage
from the past 30 days from cameras. But from a blindness perspective both
the web portal and app are quite usable with screen readers.  I can
independently for instance set timers to go on and off at various schedules
without any sighted assistance.  I can arm and disarm my system from
anywhere on earth if there's an internet connection available to me and if
internet is working at my home of course.
I find the web portal to be a bit more efficient than the app just due to
the layout of things there are many "tiles" in the app with which one can
interact that even sighted people find it a bit cluttered. But it by no
means is unusable at all.
I hope that helps.
Take good care,
Robin