[Electronics-Talk] Looking for Microwave Recommendations

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Jul 10 15:31:25 UTC 2019

I would suggest purchasing a basic microwave for under $100 and
labelling the start, stop and "5" buttons with tactile markers like
sticky dots or velcro .?? Make sure any oven you buy has an express cook
funtion that allows you to set the cooking time in increments of 30 or
60 seconds by repeatedly pressing the start button.?? This is much easier
for a blind user than groping around the numeric keypad to set the
cooking time.?? I use my microwave mostly for reheating and basic
cooking, and I never have to set the timer for more than 5 minutes which
is easy by repeatedly pressing the start button for the desired cooking
time.?? So if I want to cook or reheat something for 2.5 minutes, I just
press the start key 5 times (5 x 30 seconds).

Gerald