[Electronics-Talk] Amazon Accessibility Question

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Nov 10 15:26:37 UTC 2019

The Amazon Accessibility helpline is not for finding out whether a
particular product is blind accessible.  The customer service agent can
only tell you what the product description, instruction manual or web
site pictures or graphics say about a product.  So for instance, the
agent may not be able to tell you whether a particular microwave you're
interested in buying has a tactile keypad because the product
description doesn't make any mention of it, and the agent can't tell
from a picture whether the keypad has raised buttons or tactile
indicators. Amazon customer service agents have no knowledge about
specific products that might be blind accessible. The best way to find
out about a product's accessibility is to ask a question on the Amazon
question and answer section for a particular product and get feedback
from customers who already own it and can provide more information based
on hands-on experience than an Amazon customer service agent. I do this
all the time.

Gerald