[Electronics-Talk] Accessible flat top stoves

Jenny Perdue jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:10:53 UTC 2020

HI there,

I have a flat top that has a little texture difference in the burners and the outside of the burners.  I don’t know the model or make but i do know that if you go to an appliance store like lowes and such you can touch them and see which one is best for you.

I have had two of them total.  One was a glass top and I would never buy one that is made of glass.  This one in the house we are renting looks to be ceramic.  My first one you could feel where the line was that indicated to the sighted world and for me where the burners were.  I had a double burner on one of the spots and could still feel the line that indicated where it was before I put the pot on it.

The one now seems to be a little textured except for where the burners are.

They are not as hard as people make them out to be so go to a store and feel around.

I think that would ease some of the concern you have for that issue.  I had the same concerns in the beginning when i got my first one and going to the store really helped.  Especially when you tell the sales person what you are looking for and if they don’t know which ones are more textured you can check it out yourself.

I had those same questions when I went and bought mine at first but I love my flat top and if I ever move again I’ll not move where there isn’t one or where I can put one in.  Luckily this rental had one:)

Jenny

Sent from my iPhone