[Electronics-Talk] software application to read Daisy format on a pc or phone

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jun 30 15:01:35 UTC 2020

I have had good success with textbooks by unzipping a Daisy file into its
own folder, then opening the xml portion by hitting enter on it.  It opens
in my web browser, and I can use the usual browser commands to move by
header, etc.  In the books I've used this method for, chapters, sections,
and subsections all have headers at different levels, so it's easy to move
around.
The browser uses Jaws, so I have access to my braille display besides the
speech.  I use this method to read programming textbooks, so I want all the
information I can get.
Tracy