[Electronics-Talk] Upcoming zoom events

Tony Sohl tonysohl at samobile.net
Wed May 6 21:23:18 UTC 2020

National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life Stay
Connected: Join Upcoming  Virtual Federation Meetings  The National
Federation of the Blind continues to connect and protect blind people
through our  nationwide network. The following virtual gatherings are
open to everyone in the coming week. Zoom  instructions below.
Wednesday, May 6 1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, boost the immune system and take
care of our mental and  emotional health with brief workouts,
meditations, and yoga during this thirty-minute session. Zoom  Meeting
ID: 215 988 0888  One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Conversation
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join to discuss legislative issues
facing blind Americans, laws  affecting the education of blind
children, and our NFB Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning
(BELL)® programs scheduled for this summer. Parents, teachers of blind
students, and anyone  interested in the topics of legislation,
parenting, and education are encouraged to join us. Please  note that
this event is informative and does not represent any form of legal
advice. To contact  Emily, email her at:  vp2 at nfbp.org  .
 Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
 One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
3:00 p.m. EDT | Getting the Most Out of Your Amazon Echo Smart Speaker
Sponsored by NFB of  Pennsylvania, share experiences with the Amazon
Echo. Do you have a favorite Alexa skill you would  like to share with
others? Get the news, schedule a ride, or control your home. Zoom
Meeting ID:  215 988 0888  One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
3:00 p.m. EDT | Breaking Barriers
 Sponsored by NFB of California, discuss creative action plans to break
through any barriers  standing between you and your goals and report on
your progress. This is a time to share our  stories in a supportive,
non-judgmental environment. Zoom Meeting ID: 839 5776 3091  Password: 071615
 One tap mobile: +16699006833,,83957763091#,,#,071615#
5:00 p.m. EDT | iPhones, iPads, Smart Phones, Oh My!
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn how to navigate the iPhone
using Voice Over as a beginner  and explore commonly used already
built-in apps, like text messaging, Apple Mail, the calendar,
FaceTime, contacts, notes, the App store, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Safari,
Siri, and the health apps. Zoom  Meeting ID: 215 988 0888  One tap
mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
6:30 p.m. EDT | Navigating the Rehabilitation System
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this call to discuss what is
informed choice and how it can  be incorporated into your
Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile:  +13126266799,,2159880888# 7:00 p.m. EDT | Workout Wednesday
 Sponsored by NFB of Colorado, participate in a two mile walk
appropriate for all levels. This  workout will be followed by an
advanced upper body at 7:45 p.m. EDT. Zoom Meeting ID: 595 506 6474
One tap mobile: +13462487799,,5955066474# 8:00 p.m. EDT | Blind
Students Soundboard
 Sponsored by the National Association of Blind Students, an NFB
division, discuss accessibility in  the classroom throughout this
distant learning time. For students, parents, educators, and
interested minds struggling with accessibility. Zoom Meeting ID: 614
307 0858 One tap mobile:  +16468769923,,6143070858# Thursday, May 7
11:00 a.m. EDT | Distance Education : The Slate and Stylus­A Versatile,
Portable Tool for Life  While the slate and stylus might seem
unnecessary in today’s technological age, just like a paper  and
pencil, the slate can be one of the most versatile tools in a blind
person’s toolbox. Join us  and learn about different types of slates,
as well as getting tips for how to start teaching  students to use the
slate. Meeting ID: 956 4857 5316 Password: 53276  One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,95648575316#
3:00 p.m. EDT |HumanWare: BrailleNote Touch Plus
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, come learn about the BrailleNote
Touch Plus from HumanWare,  their flagship Braille notetaker/tablet.
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888  One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussion: A Boa in My Brailler Sponsored
by NFB of Pennsylvania, join  this meeting as we listen to and then
discuss the Kernel Book story "A Boa in My Brailler" by  Barbara Loos
in Beyond the Funny Tree.  Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
 One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
7:00 p.m. EDT | Apps, Apps, Apps for iOS
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn more about specific iOS apps,
how to get them, how to  download them, what they are for, and how to
use them. One app to be presented at a time. If you  have suggestions
for apps to be featured please email:  marsha.drenth at gmail.com  . Zoom
Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
 One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
7:00 p.m. EDT | COVID-19 Advocacy Q and A
 Sponsored by NFB of Colorado, hear the answers to common COVID-19
advocacy such as navigating  stores with new social distancing
guidelines, health care settings, and how do we get by when we  get so
much information through our fingers. Zoom Meeting ID: 595 506 6474 One
tap mobile:  +13462487799,,5955066474# 8:00 p.m. EDT | NABS Book Club
 Sponsored by the National Association of Blind Students, an NFB
division, dive into some great  literature and discuss the themes and
messages. This week’s book is “Lock In” by John Scalzi. Zoom  Meeting
ID: 614 307 0858  One tap mobile: +16468769923,,6143070858#
8:00 p.m. EDT | NVDA Training
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn about NVDA, the free screen
reading software for Windows.  Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888 One tap
mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888# 9:00 p.m. EDT | Get Going on your Garden
 Sponsored by NFB of Missouri, whether you live in an apartment, a
large house, or anything in  between, learn practical tips to get
started or improve your flower, herb, or vegetable garden.  Zoom
Meeting ID: 714 852 9230  One tap mobile: ++16468769923,,7148529230#
Friday, May 8
12:00 p.m. EDT | Advanced JAWS Training
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join us as we explore the
capabilities and usability of the  industry-leading JAWS screen reading
application. Fridays are devoted to advanced JAWS skills. Zoom  Meeting
ID: 215 988 0888  One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, boost the immune system and take
care of our mental and  emotional health with brief workouts,
meditations, and yoga during this thirty-minute session. Zoom  Meeting
ID: 215 988 0888  One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
3:00 p.m. EDT | Kids’ Story Hour
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this call of reading favorite
stories for kids in Braille.  Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888  One tap
mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#
7:00 p.m. EDT | Philosophy Friday: Audible Pedestrian Signals Sponsored
by NFB of Colorado,  accessible pedestrian signals are designed to
provide nonvisual indications about when the walk  signal at an
intersection is on. This topic is often fraught with considerable
discussion and  varied opinions. Over the years, a variety of designs
have been implemented: from buzzers, clicks,  beeps, and now to
recorded human speech. Curtis Chong, Scott LaBarre, and Dan Burke will
discuss  the technological, political, and legal issues related to this
technology and the reasons why these  devices are not installed at
every signalized intersection. Zoom Meeting ID: 595 506 6474 One tap
mobile: +13462487799,,5955066474# 7:00 p.m. EDT | Women Blazing Trails
from Within and Beyond! Sponsored by NFB of Ohio, join this
conversation with several female leaders in the National Federation of
the Blind discussing, “when  everyone is pulling at your strings, how
do you keep from unraveling?” Explore strategies to  eliminate feelings
of inadequacy and achieve authenticity. Zoom Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile: +16468769923,,4081850851#
7:00 p.m. EDT | Circle of Support
 Sponsored by NFB of California, share and gain support and ideas from
our peers about the  multitude of things that we are encountering in
our lives at this time. Zoom Meeting ID: 321 763 502  Password: 4187
 One tap mobile: +16699009128,,321763502#,,#,4187#
Saturday, May 9
4:00 p.m. EDT | Parents Corner
 Sponsored by NFB of California Parents of Blind Children Division,
share experiences and offer  support to one another in regards to
distance learning. Topics include but not limited to IEP’s,
accessibility, and children’s social and emotional development and
well-being during school  closures. Zoom Meeting ID: 209 589 6058
Password: 4187  One tap mobile: +16699009128,,2095896058#,,#,4187#
7:00 p.m. EDT | Ladies Social Night
 Sponsored by NFB of Virginia, bring your favorite drink with the
recipe to share and enjoy some  time of friendship, laughter, and
conversation. Zoom Meeting ID: 945 8338 3728  One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,94583383728
8:00 p.m. EDT | NABS Chill Zone
 Sponsored by the National Association of Blind Students, an NFB
division, take a little bit of  time to relax and unwind with this
casual meetup. Zoom Meeting ID: 614 307 0858  One tap mobile:
+16468769923,, 6143070858#
Monday, May 11
12:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Conversation
 Sponsored by NFB of Nevada, join this discussion with your favorite
cup of coffee or beverage.  Zoom Meeting ID: 423 336 763  Password: 420120
 One tap mobile: +16699006833,,423336763#,,#,420120#
7:30 p.m. EDT | Tech Talk
 Sponsored by NFB of California, do you have a smart phone but are not
quite sure how to use it?  Are you looking for new tips and tricks to
help you get the most out of your smart phone? Are you  considering
getting a new phone, but you’re not sure whether you would like to go
Apple or Android?  Are you just curious and want to explore all that
your phone can do for you? Questions can include,  but are not limited
to, using the Zoom app, sending text messages, downloading content, and
anything else you can think of. You can email questions ahead of time
to  rkcole72984 at gmail.com  .
 Zoom Meeting ID: 510 839 253
 Password: 009343
 One tap mobile: +16699006833,,510839253#,,#,009343#
Tuesday, May 12
2:00 p.m. EDT | Accessibility Boutique : How to Create Accessible
Documents Join us and learn about  how to make your digital documents
accessible. Registration is required for boutiques. Learn more
upcoming accessibility boutiques . 3:00 p.m. EDT | Relaxation Hour:
Exploring Yoga & Meditation Practices Sponsored by NFB of  California,
learn how to use meditation to help cope with stress and some basic
yoga techniques.  Zoom Meeting ID: 892 3677 8694  Password: 362485
 One tap mobile: +12532158782,,89236778694#,,1#,362485#
7:00 p.m. EDT | Percshop (Percussion)
 Sponsored by the NFB Performing Arts Division, learn the basics of
beatboxing. Vocal percussion  can accompany any genre of music, but
this session will focus on pop, rock, and hip-hop. Zoom  Meeting ID:
946 327 2523  One tap mobile: +16468769923,,9463272523#
Wednesday, May 13
3:00 p.m. EDT | Breaking Barriers
 Sponsored by NFB of California, discuss creative action plans to break
through any barriers  standing between you and your goals and report on
your progress. This is a time to share our  stories in a supportive,
non-judgmental environment. Zoom Meeting ID: 839 5776 3091  Password: 071615
 One tap mobile: +16699006833,,83957763091#,,#,071615#
6:30 p.m. EDT | Navigating the Rehabilitation System
 Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this call to discuss the
Workforce Innovation and  Opportunity Act. Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988
0888 One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888# Join a Zoom Meeting
 To join a Zoom meeting via web or phone, click on the following Zoom
link, dial the appropriate  phone number, or hit one-tap mobile, and
add the corresponding meeting ID listed for the event you  are joining.
For an accessible tutorial of the Zoom platform, access the audiobook,
Meet Me in the  Cloud . Web
https://zoom.us/j
Dial by Your Location
 +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
 +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
 +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
 +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
 +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
 +1 253 215 8782 US
 +1 301 715 8592 US
 Find your local number:  https://zoom.us/u/ab3E5IUcW
Share and Support
 If you know about an upcoming Federation virtual meeting to share
please send the details to  communicationsteam at nfb.org  .
 If you know of a blind person who is facing adversity because of
COVID-19 please email  nfb at nfb.org  .
 Help support our COVID-19 response efforts with a donation today .
Your gifts continue to work  during this time of uncertainty. Thank you
for your support. Twitter Logo
Instagram Logo
YouTube Logo
Email Icon Image
Donate to the NFB Icon.
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314