[Electronics-Talk] Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, May 7, 2020 - Volume 754

Flying Blind, LLC enews at flying-blind.com
Thu May 7 08:00:32 UTC 2020

Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, May 7, 2020 - Volume 754   Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, May 7, 2020 - Volume 754 The Week's News in Adaptive Technology A Flying Blind, LLC Publication http://www.flying-blind.com/ You have received this email from Flying Blind, LLC because you are subscribed to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications. To ensure that you continue to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications please add the following two email addresses to your Address Book, Email Contact List, Trusted Sender's List, and/or Safe Sender's List today: enews at flying-blind.ccsend.com and enews at flying-blind.com. Read this Volume of Top Tech Tidbits on the web, with full, un-shortened links at: http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2020/05072020/index.html. This Week's Featured Advertisement: Get Your Accessibility Health Check !!! As we collectively grapple with the challenges presented by a Global Pandemic, Digital Accessibility expectations are greatly increasing, as our vision-impaired students and employees are tasked with alternative means of accessing educational content and completing vocational tasks from a distance. Our accessibility health check provides valuable insight into your Organization's current Accessibility State and provides actions for improvement. It's an opportunity for growth; a chance for your team to take a step back and prioritize the actions that will get you to a more inclusive state while managing your potential legal risks. TPG's Accessibility Health Check is an optimal and affordable combination of testing, education, and strategic consulting to set your organization on a fast-path to accessibility or ensure that it stays on course. Health Check provides your team with a packaged solution intended to help your organization make quick and effective improvements, offering a robust method to help your organization achieve its accessibility goals without decimating your budget. TPG's Accessibility Health Check Components: ➜ Accessibility Kickstarter Plan: A session with one of our strategy experts to assess your current accessibility state and outline a plan for the short-term. ➜ High-Risk Primary User Journey Assessment: Includes 6 URLs visited during primary user journey and identifies critical/high priority issues requiring remediation. ➜ ARC Monitoring: 1 year access to ARC Monitoring, which includes 12 monthly scans of digital content, providing insights, trends, and analytics, as well as your WCAG density rating, for one website and up to 1,000 URLs. ➜ ARC Toolkit and Toolkit Training: An in-depth guide that explains in detail how to use ARC Toolkit alongside ARC Monitoring for accessibility testing. ➜ TPG Tutor: 5-User Subscription: 12-month access to our e-learning portfolio, TPG Tutor. Price: $12,000 For more information, email accessibility at flying-blind.com or call +1 (727) 803-8000 EXT 1909 ☎ today. We're standing by to assist! Rolando, 1) ElBraille Now Shipping in US The portable Windows computer designed to work with JAWS is now shipping: https://bit.ly/2W9l2jV 2) Braillle Displays Vs Notetakers This Zoom meeting, Friday, 8 May 2020 at 19:00 GMT offers ideas for choosing a Braille device. For security, we provide the Zoom information this way. The meeting ID is 830 7928 0969. The password is 012142. The link for Zoom is: https://bit.ly/35Cu4t3 3) Tech-related Zoom Meetings from Federation Chapters Here is information about technology-related Zoom meetings, all times are GMT, and each title is followed by the meeting ID, and password if one is being used: Thursday, 7 May 2020, 19:00, Braille Note Touch, 215 988 0888; 23:00, Apps, Apps, Apps for iOS, 215 988 0888; Friday, 8 May 2020: 00:00, NVDA Training, 215 988 0888; 16:00, Advanced JAWS Training, 215 988 0888; Monday, 11 May 2020, 23:30, Tech Talk, ID 510 839 253, Password 009343. Zoom link: https://bit.ly/35Cu4t3 4) Opinion: The Blind iPhone Is Back This editorial from Steven Scott explains why he downgraded from an iPhone 11 Pro to the new SE: https://bit.ly/3b9Xlwl 5) 11 Best Zoom Tricks You'll Wish You Knew Sooner These come from Kim Komando: https://fxn.ws/2WyDh1l 6) Getting Started with Zoom Meetings: A Guide for JAWS, NVDA, and iPhone VoiceOver Users: This book costs $18 in Word format: https://bit.ly/2L4SFgr 7) Title: Using Microsoft Edge with JAWS for Windows on Tek Talk Brian Hartgen discusses this useful browser on GMT Tuesday 12 May 2020 at 00:00: http://bit.ly/2M464U2 8) My Review Of the iPad Seventh Generation 'They've Done It Again' This review comes from the Tech Juggernaut blog: https://bit.ly/3bcBpAL 9) TTJ Virtual Help Sessions to Continue Through At Least June 4, 2020 The Tech Juggernaut Team has been providing free Q&A sessions via Zoom during the pandemic, and will continue doing so until at least June 4, 2020. Here is the information: https://bit.ly/2A3VZGt 10) Mosen at Large Episode 35 This episode contains a demonstration of the Zoom F6 multi-track field recorder and its iOS app from a blindness perspective: https://bit.ly/3c9Hv64 11) Mosen Exploration #34 Here we find tech news, iPhone SE reviews, and discussion about notetakers: https://bit.ly/2SHPQpM 12) Deque Introduces Automated Source Code Accessibility Checker Axe Linter is an automated GitHub-based app which checks source code for common accessibility issues, automatically finding and suggesting fixes: https://bit.ly/35BQHOl 13) Triple Tap Tech Guides This organization has produced some guides for common assistive technology: https://bit.ly/2YKdaan 14) April AppleVis Unlimited The news keeps coming from AppleVis, and this is the monthly summary: https://bit.ly/3bbMzFC 15) In-Process 30 April 2020 Here is the latest NVDA news: https://bit.ly/35JT2GT 16) The Suno Band for Navigation on eyes on Success Episode #2019 discusses this useful navigation aid: http://bit.ly/2p6t5h5 ****************************************************** Flying Blind, LLC Highlights: ****************************************************** 1.) The Paciello Group - Introducing Your One-Stop Shop for All of Your Accessibility Consulting and Training Needs - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store https://www.paciellogroup.com/ Struggling to manage the adverse risk posed to your organization by the deployment of inaccessible content? Seeking guidance on building accessibility best practices into your development cycle? We offer a comprehensive range of services to address your accessibility needs - from accessibility testing of your websites, web applications and mobile apps to identify accessibility issues ... 2.) JAWS Inspect - Your Visual Resource for Accessibility Testing - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store http://bit.ly/2AV7lg1 If you are employed by, or lead an Organization committed to providing manual, accessibility test services for web content using the JAWS screenreader, but your testing and developer teams have individuals who are not JAWS users, then the newly released JAWS Inspect Solution is your missing ingredient for optimizing your test processes while maximizing your accessibility efforts ... 3.) Introducing TPG Tutor - Your eLearning, One Stop Shop for Accessibility Training - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store http://bit.ly/2JB9EnA Have you been directed to make a website or mobile app 'accessible', but have no idea where to begin? Or perhaps you know a bit about accessibility and really want to immerse yourself in the field, but you can't afford to have you or your ... 4.) Introducing ARC, Your Agile and Affordable Path to Accessibility - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store http://bit.ly/2ueyjtk Whether you are a novice to accessibility or a seasoned pro, sometimes your best start to accessibility is to let technology do some of the heavy lifting. Designers, developers and testers dealing with an accessibility project or program are looking ... ****************************************************** Flying Blind, LLC Subscription Information: ****************************************************** SUBSCRIBE: Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: http://bit.ly/1irUr9E. You can also subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com or by (SMS) texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your name and email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications. It's that easy. WEBSITE: Visit Flying Blind, LLC online at http://www.flying-blind.com. FACEBOOK: Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications as part of your Facebook News Feed: http://www.facebook.com/flyingblindllc. YOUTUBE: If audio / video is more your style, you can follow Flying Blind, LLC on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/flyingblindllc. QUESTIONS: Tidbits are intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit. ARCHIVE Visit the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Archive at: http://bit.ly/tidbitsarchive where you can grab back issues. CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS: Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at: topdot at gmail.com. ****************************************************** Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road, Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 Unsubscribe electronics-talk at nfbnet.org Update Profile | About Constant Contact Sent by enews at flying-blind.com