[Electronics-Talk] verizon fios text to speech broken until further notice

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Oct 27 16:27:29 UTC 2020

I powered off the cable box and tv for about a half hour then powered
everything back on and text to speech came up working.  I need to get some
help on keying sequence to turn this mess back on the next time the box
configuration gets changed however such change is happening.  More later
when I find this stuff out.  When I powered everything back on this time I
pointed the remote at the tv and hit button 2 right upper corner button
then pointed at cable box and hit button 2 again.  The channel that came
up was 1971 which was an hoa channel and it was unavailable.  No my guess
is the four buttons on one row above the bottom of the remote are A B C
and D from left to right respectively.  I was told to hit the B button to
troubleshoot and did that then hit ok to see what would happen button 8
near top of screen in center of arrows and text to speech said hoa1 from
12:00PM to 3:00PM.  Then I changed channel one up and got channel 2 which
spoke correctly and identified the program that was on.
So this for now is working as well as it can and I'm going to do a little
more research on this and write that up for this list once done.  Nobody
with accessibility needs deserves to live through this much trouble with
such a low grade service as this.

-- United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
significant giving.