[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Portable Air Conditioners

Valiant8086 valiant8086 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 22:59:08 UTC 2021

Hi.

Alternatively, a really dumb one with a thermostat knob that you can
turn all the way over and then connect to a smart plug that has a temp
sensor to use in deciding when or not to send power. I think the other
option is better but this option does exist.

On 8/25/2021 2:28 PM, Peter via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Good afternoon everyone,
>

> This morning a maintenance worker came to work on our air conditioning
> systems. He recharged the central unit with freon and cleaned the outside
> component. It seems to have taken the edge off of the heat in our apartment.
> Time will tell.
>

>                  He told me that the reason why the portable air conditioner
> wasn't putting out cold air was due to the unit having been switched into
> fan mode. This was most likely caused by one of us bumping the mode control
> which is inaccessible to touch. I plan to have one of our caregivers look at
> the unit tomorrow to see if we can mark that control some way so we can fix
> it if it happens again until the new window unit for our master bedroom is
> installed.
>

>                  Should we ever need to buy a portable air conditioner I'd
> like to know of models that can be used independently by a blind person.
> Hopefully someone has a smart unit that can be integrated with a home
> automation platform like the window units we bought last week. All the best.
>

> Peter Donahue

cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com