[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Portable Air Conditioners

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 18:28:01 UTC 2021

Good afternoon everyone,

This morning a maintenance worker came to work on our air conditioning
systems. He recharged the central unit with freon and cleaned the outside
component. It seems to have taken the edge off of the heat in our apartment.
Time will tell.

                He told me that the reason why the portable air conditioner
wasn't putting out cold air was due to the unit having been switched into
fan mode. This was most likely caused by one of us bumping the mode control
which is inaccessible to touch. I plan to have one of our caregivers look at
the unit tomorrow to see if we can mark that control some way so we can fix
it if it happens again until the new window unit for our master bedroom is
installed.

                Should we ever need to buy a portable air conditioner I'd
like to know of models that can be used independently by a blind person.
Hopefully someone has a smart unit that can be integrated with a home
automation platform like the window units we bought last week. All the best.

Peter Donahue