[Electronics-Talk] making toasters accessible

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 03:40:48 UTC 2021

Hello All,

Most toasters have buttons and make a popping noise when the toast comes out of the toaster so we know its done.

So, already they are one of the few appliances which  are fairly user friendly to us.
What toaster do you use and how did you create accessibility?

How do you create more accessibility? Do you label the knobs with loc dots so you know what is high heat versus a lower heat for toasting?
Most toasters have a setting to adjust the time it will toast for you ranging from a light heat meaning lightly toasted to very hot heat where its nearly going to burn the toast if you toast a general piece of bread. This is common.

But others go futher.
How do you know what the settings are though? If there are buttons for toasting various items, what do you do? Do you memorize them? For instance, our toaster happens to have a bagel setting.

Thanks,
Ashley