[Electronics-Talk] Ring door bell and the like

Mike Sedmak mcsedmak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:59:29 UTC 2021

We have a first generation ring doorbell.    The accessibility of the
app has varied over the years, so I can't comment on the current app's
setup accessibility.

But from a usage standpoint I can get notifications when someone is at
the door and use the app to communicate with them.

I did need sighted help to set up the detection thresholds if you want
to customize the camera to only trigger on motion in a portion of it's
view.  For example my wife had to tune the setting so that we would
not get notified every time a car drives past our house.

Each user can tune the notifications on their own app, so I set mine
to only notify me when someone presses the doorbell.  Fewer false
notifications.  But if a delivery driver does not ring the doorbell I
may not know something was delivered.  Tradeoffs.