[Electronics-Talk] Portable radio

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun May 9 14:26:37 UTC 2021

I have a small radio I like a lot, but I'm having trouble finding anything
like it anymore.  I think it's a Sony.

It's just like the transistor I had as a kid.  No presets, lights, or any
other battery-draining silliness.  Just a volume dial on one side and a
station dial and AM/FM switch on the other, with a speaker in between.

It's small enough to fit in my pocket, and loud enough to hear easily.

I've tried buying other small radios, but they all seem to have flashing
lights or something that kills the battery in a week or two.

Does anyone know of a simple, old-fashioned radio like the one I'm so fond
of?

Tracy