[Electronics-Talk] Question about Instant Pot and iPhone

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu May 20 16:59:15 UTC 2021

Good morning,

I hope this is a good list to ask this question.

A few years ago, I got one of the first Smart Instant Pots that hooked up to
the iPhone via Bluetooth. It worked well, and while I could use it to some
extent with just the buttons, I found that being able to use it with my
phone really helped and made it easier to take advantage of its
capabilities.

Since I upgraded to my iPhone 12, I found that my Instant Pot doesn't
connect to my phone. I thought I had to re-pair it via the app, and when I
tried going that direction, either my phone or the Instant Pot didn't seem
to recognize one another. If there is some recognition, it is only for an
instant, and then it goes away and I can't use the Instant Pot with the
phone.

I'm wondering what you think could be wrong, or if I should get one of the
newer ones.

I like being able to use it and set the temperatures with ease without
having to memorize and count and do all of those extra things.

This is still in good condition, except for the Bluetooth capabilities.

What are people using now? What do you guys think about the newer Smart
Instant Pots? How accessible are they? Are they worth it?

I'd like to read your thoughts before I make any decisions.

Jim