[Electronics-Talk] talking blood pressure device and themometer

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Feb 13 11:37:42 UTC 2022

I do not recommend a talking oral thermometer because all the units I
have encountered are sealed and replacing the button cell batteries is
next to impossible.  Which means that once the batteries die, that's the
end of the unit, and it will be totally useless when you don't feel well
and you reach for it to take your temperature.  Oral thermometers are no
longer used in hospitals, clinics, and doctors' offices and infrared
forehead scanners are now the new gold standard because they are fast
and hygienic and reasonably accurate.  Instead, I recommend a talking
forehead scanning thermometer that runs on easily replaceable AAA
batteries and is very fast and reasonably accurate.  Amazon sells a
number of different models for about $25 to $30.

Gerald