[Electronics-Talk] Converting VHS Tapes To DVD

The Blind MacGyver theblindmacgyver at sudomail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:46:10 UTC 2022

Depending on how many VHS tapes you have. A VHS to DVD recorder could be a good idea. In my case I saw a deal for a company called legacy box. They converted my 8 mm films to MP4 files. I did about 30 pieces for about $300. Approximately. May be worth it instead of buying a VHS to DVD recorder because they’ll do all the work for you and just mail you a thumb drive. And afterwords you can make as many copies and give it to as many people as you possibly can. I have included a link from QVC below for 18 pieces to be converted for $200. They also have other plans. Personally I think this would be easier than trying to struggle to make your own plus the purchase of the machine. My recommendation would be if you have a description on the tape, placed their sticker on there and then take a picture of it so this way you know which film went to which sticker.

https://www.qvc.com/Legacybox-18-Piece-Closet-Box-Photo-and-Video-Digital-Conversion-Kit.product.E233990.html?sc=SRCH