[Electronics-Talk] New TV

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 6 16:59:18 UTC 2022

Hi Pam.
We connect the audio output from the cable box to the inputs for the
soundbar, and there it is.  Surprisingly simple.
The reason we need a TV is pretty stupid.  We have an old cable box.  When
Altice pushes out an update, it crashes our box and we lose cable, phone and
internet for anywhere from a few hours to a whole day.  I need the internet
for work, so this is a real problem.  You might think Altice would notify
customers with old boxes that a new one was required, but no, of course they
don't.
I wish I'd known the cable guy could bring his own TV.  He could have fixed
the whole thing when he came out.  But again no, he has to come back when we
have a TV.  No doubt we will be charged for both visits.
But we do have a small TV, for which we lost the remote, but my husband has
tracked down a replacement.  So that should do the trick, unless we decide
we want something better later.  At least the cable guy will be able to give
us a new box, and we'll stop losing our internet.  If I could figure out
how, I'd charge Altice for my lost work hours.  But no, it doesn't work like
that.
And we have to somehow make sure the guy who comes knows how to set up the
accessibility.  Altice used to have a special accessibility tech person who
could ensure that and make it go smoothly, but now when we call they have no
clue.
Tracy