[Electronics-Talk] Modern Landline Phone Service

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Jun 19 20:24:59 UTC 2022

Here's the problem. You may still have low voltage current flowing
through the phone lines in your home.  This current has to be shut off
in order to use the existing jacks with Comcast VOIP.  Most likely,
Comcast has been prohibited from accessing the main junction box to cut
off the current because it is probably the property of the big bad arch
rival phone company, either Verizon, AT&T or some other regional
carrier.  The cable companies hate the phone companies and vice versa,
andare seldom willing to cooperate with each other for the customers'
benefit.

Gerald