[Electronics-Talk] Insignia TVS

cheez at cox.net cheez at cox.net
Sat Sep 17 13:05:42 UTC 2022

Eh, Gary, could you write me off list?
My e-mail is:
cheez at cox.net

Vince

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Gary Lee via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2022 9:10 AM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Gary Lee <kb9zuv at arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] Insignia TVS

I have an amazon fire tv, (I believe it was the toshiba version), purchased about 2017.  Still running fine.
Now, I only watch about two hours of tv per week. However, it is still doing alright.

And, in my opinion, don’t expect a tv to last 20 years now.  No one in the modern electronics world seems to care about quality and durability anymore.
Partly fueled by the average american who wants to buy it for $99 at walmart, doesn’t matter if I have to buy another in two years, it was cheap.
This attitude is spreading throught most consumer goods.