[Electronics-Talk] getting rid of the important folder in gmail..

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at outlook.com
Mon Apr 17 11:16:18 UTC 2023

I assume Gmail learns overtime what it thinks you consider important, such as messages you flag, file, respond to and so on. Since it's just a label on an existing message, the fact that there's a folder called important in Outlook has never bothered me. I've always just ignored it. I'd think you could go into your IMAP settings and just unsubscribe to the Important folder, if you don't want to see it in the future.

Actually this help article from Google talks about how Google decides a message is important or not and how you can configure Gmail not to mark messages as important.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ) =>÷
Chaltain at Outlook, USA