[Fabs] Home Living Skills

Avita Morgan vitaj88 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:35:41 UTC 2015

Good evening Helga
I am so late but I was wondering if anyone responded to your email.
The independent living skills that you are asking about are so important
and though you no longer have your sight, you are still capable of
accomplishing these task. Because I still have a lot of usable vision I may
not be the perfect person to give advice but through my program at Florida
state I do have a few suggestions that I can give you.
1) Add tactile labels to appliances. This is a simple fix that I use
myself. For example you can add something to the coffee maker that shows
where the button or switch is located that will start the process. Also you
can put a rubber band on the coffee jar so you can easily identify which
jar is coffee from other jars in the cabinet.
2) complete tasks such as cleaning and ironing in section using a grid
pattern. For example when cleaning the tub, start scrubbing at one corner
and gradually move towards the opposite corner. Then move down and repeat
process.
Let me know if you find these suggestion helpful. I hope this make sense.
If not let me know and I'll try to do better.
Take care

Avita Morgan