[Fabs] ATTENTION: Calling all Students

Jannik Pesch jlpesch6779 at eagle.fgcu.edu
Sun Oct 11 16:07:13 UTC 2020

Dear fellow students of the National Federation of the Blind,

Today, I would like to introduce myself and initiate the first steps of establishing the new Student Division of the NFB. My name is Jannik L. Pesch and I am currently a Junior at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida. I study business management with an international focus with the aspirations of attaining the MBA after my graduation in 2022.

During the 50th anniversary of the NFB statewide convention, I discovered that there is a need to re-instate the FABS Student Division. I am reaching out to find interested students whom are willing to join me to form a team. As you may know, the Student Division focuses on two major endeavors. For one, it is designed to build a self-support network for blind students which aims to enable productive conversations and to establish a supportive community. Another aspect is to build a mechanism for taking political action, such as the enhanced access to information and technology for blind or visually impaired students.

I am looking for candidates that would feel comfortable with taking on major responsibilities as follows:
-The Board of Directors (3 positions)
-The President
-The Vice President
-The Treasure
-The Secretary
-3 More Positions

These individuals roles and responsibilities collaborate to serve as the collective voice of organized blind students. Through hard work and dedication, we have the power to bring about significant positive changes, to understand what it means to be a blind student, and to open the door to a whole new set of opportunities.

If you are interested in any for the above positions within the Student Division, please contact me to further discuss future strategies to ensure the success of this Division. You may e-mail me at jlpesch6779 at eagle.fgcu.edu<mailto:jlpesch6779 at eagle.fgcu.edu> or call/text me at (941)-264-6305.

With kind regards,
Jannik L. Pesch