[Faith-talk] the call

Antonio Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Mon Nov 3 04:50:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

So, acording to the doctrine of predestination, God has already decided who
will follow him? I may or may not be destined to ascend to heaven? Then,
what is it worth the effort, if said effort may be fruitless?

I always believed, and learned that God died for ALL people, and that Jesus
suffered and died for all sins, notjust some selected group.

this doctrin is either misinterpreted, or it is wrong.

God knows all things, so he knows all of my choices, past, present, and
future. He knows how many times I'll attend church durring my lifetime, and
more importantly, he knows whether I will choose a christ-centered life that
will leed to salvation. But he didn't choose to save me, he gave me the
choice. He just happens to know what my choice will ultimately be. Isn't
this how it goes?

Antonio Guimaraes