[Faith-talk] hi all -- a question

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 02:01:21 UTC 2008

Greetings all --
I hope all are doing well.
I have not been subscribed to this list for a long time but wanted to join
now as I have just gotten a new assignment as a sunday school teacher to 12
and 13 year old children.
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience teaching a class of
youngsters without sight. (The kids are sighted.)
I am not looking for help with the content of the lessons as that is mapped
out in the lesson manual, and every church has slightly different beliefs --
but I am looking for any helpful suggestions on managing a class of
children. The person who gave me the assignment suggested I designate a
class president from among the class members to help me with visual aids,
calling on people, etc. I am going to take this advice, but I am still quite
daunted at the thought of teaching this class.
So if anyone has any advice, please feel free to share.
There are usually between 8 and 12 children in attendance each Sunday, which
is a lot of kids to keep interested.
But I am looking forward to the challenge.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.
--le