[Faith-talk] sunday school experience

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 09:55:37 UTC 2008

Hello all --
I appreciated all your suggestions for managing my sunday school class -- As
for how it went on sunday, I was impressed at how good the kids were -- for
discipline and participation I'd say it went extremely well -- but I did
have trouble reading my braille notes.  I am a slow braille reader and this
made it necessary for me to pause a few times while I tried to figure out
what was in my notes.  But I came prepared with lots of computer generated
signs with quotes on them to post in class, and that helped a lot.  One
thing: I think the leadership were a little nervous about me handling my new
assignment. The sunday school president came and sat in on my class. I had
also asked a friend to sit in and help me the first day. And am I glad I did
that -- she was a great help.
I don't know what is going to happen next week.
I still feel more than a little daunted by this assignment, as I not only
can't see the students, but I'm also in a wheelchair and so am a bit low in
the saddle...
But even if they decide to take me off this assignment, I don't want to go
out without at least trying my best.
Any suggestions are welcome.

As for staying on this list -- I had forgotten how volumous the traffic is
on this list. I may have to unsubscribe as I don't have time to read it all.
But if anyone has any more comments on managing a room full of 12 and 13
year olds, I am going to stay subscribed for a few days.

Thanks in advance, and have a great week!
--le