[Faith-talk] strange attitudes

Julie C. Vogt jcvogt at pressenter.com
Wed Nov 12 03:30:06 UTC 2008

You ought to be here where I live, Pat.  I'm scared of some of these
churches in this little town.  Still I served on a board while I attended
St. Mark AME Church representing St. Mark on the board.  The organization
was CHUM, Churches United in Ministry.  It is a faith-based organization
which serves homeless, low- or no-income people, and people with chemical
dependencies.  They have 34 congregation members.  Two of those members are
a Jewish synagogue and one is a Muslim masque.  We all had the same goal, so
we got along and this is an organization which does as much as the Salvation
Army.