[Faith-talk] John 6:37 - The One Who Comes to Me I Will By No Means Cast Out

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Wed Nov 12 11:59:58 UTC 2008

Good Morning!

I wonder sometimes, with so many verses throughout the
Bible, how some denominations can misinterpret
something so blatantly obvious.  What I refer to is the
notion that one can lose, then gain, then lose again,
then gain again, then lose again and again and again -
and supposedly continue to work to 'get back' - their
ssalvation?

This is simply taking the power away from Christ,
putting it on ourselves to save ourselves.  Seems
silly, doesn't it?  And yet... ah, nevermind. I could
rant and rave and give opinions all day long.  But I
want to stick with scripture.

Below is yet another straightforward bit of scripture
that I've found to back up the simple fact that once we
are saved, we're saved - no matter how many times we
may again fall short.  Nothing we can ever do would
allow us to "deserve" to be saved.  So, yes, we may sin
now and again.  And if so, we are called to repent.  To
truly repent means to do a 180, and go in the other
direction from our sin.  It means to do our best to not
sin again, and to sincerely ask for forgiveness, and to
sincerely try not to sin again.  But our God is a
forgiving God.  Thank You, Jesus!  And we are not
written out of His book once we are written in.  God
does not say that anywhere in the Bible.  He doesn't
have some huge magical eraser and one day we're in, the
next we're out. What God does say, numerous times and
in numerous ways, is that once we're His, we're His -
and nothing shall take us from Him!   The verse below
is just one sign of this simple truth. I've shared it
below in 9 different versions.  I put the NKJV version
first because I personally like the way that one
sounds.  But most all the versions, except perhaps the
KJV, seem perfectly clear.

Please, if you're one who is unclear on this point of
salvation, first pray to Jesus for clarity and truth
and God's Wisdom, to show you His truth, to show you
what He wants you to see and grasp through all this.
Then, please, read the verses below.

And God bless your efforts and your prayers on this.
May He open the eyes of your heart in this matter, if
you've thus far been one who thinks it's up to you to
gain and possibly lose again, your Salvation -
Salvation which can come only through the Grace of our
God, Jesus Christ.  Thank You, Jesus.

9 versions of the Gospel of John, chapter 6, verse 37
follow.

All for His Glory!
Everett

John 6:37 - The One Who Comes to Me I Will By No Means
Cast Out
(In 9 Versions below: the NKJV, NIV, KJV, NAS, MSG,
AMP, NLT, and ESV)

John 6:37
New King James Version (NKJV)
All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the
one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

John 6:37
New International Version (NIV)
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and
whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

John 6:37
King James Version (KJV)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him
that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:37
New American Standard (NAS)
All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the
one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
=====
Cross references:
John 6:37 : John 6:39; 17:2, 24

John 6:37
The Message (MSG)
35-38 Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. The person
who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more,
ever. I have told you this explicitly because even
though you have seen me in action, you don't really
believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually
comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I
hold on and don't let go. I came down from heaven not
to follow my own whim but to accomplish the will of the
One who sent me.

John 6:37
Amplified Bible (AMP)
All whom My Father gives (entrusts) to Me will come to
Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly
not cast out [I will never, no never, reject one of
them who comes to Me].

John 6:37
New Living Translation (NLT)
However, those the Father has given me will come to me,
and I will never reject them.

John 6:37
English Standard Version (ESV)
(A) All that(B) the Father gives me will come to me,
and(C) whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
=====
Cross references:
John 6:37 : John 6:39; John 17:2
John 6:37 : John 10:29; 17:6, 9, 24