[Faith-talk] Mandates On Who Can and Can't Have Children?

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 21:24:19 UTC 2008

Well, I would love children, but have chosen the path of not pressing for
that blessing because of the combination of disabilities I have -- I figured
early on that I would be happy being a doting aunt and a help to others with
kids rather than taking on a family myself -- oh yes, and that reminds me,
I'm single... Can't have kids very easily without a spouse.  (Any interested
potential spouses out there can feel free to email me privately --and of
course you know I'm kidding...*smile*)
I absolutely loved spoiling my niece and nephews when they were growing
up... and I think their parents appreciated it. When I was still walking I
babysat my oldest nephew and became very attached to him. Over the years,
all the kids have stayed with me and my mother for various lengths of time.
And now they are grown.
Well, good luck to those with kids. It's a strange world to grow up in.
Wasn't there a chinese blessing that went "my you not live in interesting
times..."  Interesting times can be fun, but also hazardous.
Keep up the good work.
--le