[Faith-talk] FW: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 19:45:27 UTC 2008

I think it is a mistake to interpret every affliction or difficulty in life
as a message from God -- I mean, people came to earth to learn and prove
themselves and dealing with problems is part of that -- I was just thinking
about this the other day when I had a brief "sorry for self" mood. I
wondered what I ever did to deserve the package of problems I got and
wondered if the Lord was angry at me or something.  I then thought God did
not "hate me", however tempting that thought might be -- but he actually
loves all people and wants them to be happy--otherwise he wouldn't have
endured the crucifixion.  On the other hand it it is similarly a mistake to
interpret success and good health as a reward -- I mean, look at the
financial and other blessings some people have and their lives are a mess
because of it.
I think living the principles of the gospel brings peace and blessings of
the spirit, and experience and simple wisdom.
Anyway, off my soapbox. It is something I have pondered and so I'm just
verbalizing.
Take care.
--le