[Faith-talk] Trials

Leah Seabury leah_seabury at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 01:56:35 UTC 2008

All scriptures that I quote comes from the KJV!
God allows troubles to befall us for several reasons.
It is everyone. No one is immune to them.
1st. the turning away from God.
"Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;"
Romans 2:8-10

"Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many
evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?"
Deuteronomy 31:16-18
"And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be
forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I
sware."
Deuteronomy 31:20-22
2nd. as an attention catcher. In the last days troubles will fall upon the earth. We are in those bays now.
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles:
these are the beginnings of sorrows."
Mark 13:7-9
"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
Matthew 24:20-22
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the
world."
John 16:32-33
3rd. He allows tribulations, trials, or troubles for peraiding us infront his angels.
A fantastic example is Job.
He calls it the refining fire. Where we as Christians are molded to be made perfect.
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the
world."
John 16:32-33
"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of
God."
Acts 14:21-23
"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;"
Romans 5:2-4
"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"
Romans 12:11-13
We are to glory in our tribulation
"Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory."
Ephesians 3:12-14

Nothing can separate us from God...
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"
Romans 8:34-36
God is the great comforter. He comforts us through it all. Through our comfort in Christ, we can comfort and help others.
"Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted
of God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation
ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
Revelation 2:9-11
Satan will try it all, but you and I can have victory if we keep our eyes and our hearts on him. We must wear the armor of God.
Child of the Risin Lord.

Seabury .M. Leah
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard
that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (1 john4:1-3 KJV.)