[Faith-talk] ministry

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:31:54 UTC 2009

Hi Kishia,
Good work on putting yourself out there to serve. I am totally blind
and have participated in food banks, both with the church and through
community service organizations. There should be several different
ways that you can contribute. In nmy experience, there is always a lot
of unloading of food, sorting it, and then loading again happening.
The sorting might be a challenge, but loading and unloading boxes of
donations should not be too big of a deal. You might need a hand
figuring out where to put the stuff once loaded but again, not a big
issue. If it is the kind of set up that bags or boxes groceries for
individual families, you could do that too once someone gathers the
necessary items.

Do you know what kind of set up the food bank has? Are you guys just
sorting food for distribution later or are you filling orders for
people?

I hope these suggestions help.

Blessings,
Greg