[Faith-talk] FW: Acting in Ignorance

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:28:20 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
Subject: Acting in Ignorance
Date:
Sun, 01 Nov 2009 06:46:09 -0500

      Acting in Ignorance Usually Brings Defeat
      by Dr. Larry Ollison

      "But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those
who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope" (1
Thessalonians 4:13).

      Here Paul makes an interesting statement. He implies strongly that
ignorance breeds hopelessness. All through God's Word we are told that we
are to increase and grow in knowledge. In Colossians chapter one Paul
writes that he wants the believers to increase in knowledge and wisdom.
Knowledge and wisdom are good, but knowledge and wisdom must increase.
Without the increase of knowledge, there is complacency and a tendency to
feel that all knowledge worth attaining has already been attained.

      Years ago I purchased my first computer. It was an Atari 800. I was
very well pleased with this computer because it had twice the memory of my
brother-in-law's Atari 400. It did not have a hard drive but had a cassette
tape as the storage device. At that time I had about 150 people on my
mailing list. I remember one day sorting my mailing list by zip code. I was
so happy. It only took the computer 45 minutes. I could have done it by
hand just as fast!

      Today my mailing list has grown to many thousands of families and
to sort them by zip code takes less than one second. Why is there such a
dramatic change in the speed of the computer systems from fifteen years
ago? It's because knowledge has increased.

      As knowledge increases we are able to work smarter and faster. We
can accomplish more in a shorter time. We can be more productive with less
work. Knowledge is a great advantage in the world. Likewise in the realm of
the spirit, knowledge is power.

      Jesus said if we would continue in His Word, we would know the
truth and then as a result of knowing the truth, we would be set free.
Knowledge will set you free from the bondage of ignorance. Knowledge will
allow you to move into areas of deliverance that would be unattainable
otherwise. In Hosea 4:6 God said, "My people perish because of a lack of
knowledge."

      God's Word is true and this message is very clear. We must gain
knowledge of God, His plan and His purposes and then through obedience act
on what we have learned.

      Positive action on the truth of God will bring freedom and
deliverance. Acting in ignorance without direction, even when done with the
right intentions, usually ends in defeat. With the knowledge of God we have
hope.

      All rights reserved. Used by permission.
      This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for
commercial resale
      When writing about this devotional, refer to devotional #0383
      Larry Ollison Ministries PO Box 880, Osage Beach, MO 65065 USA

      Prayerfully consider becoming a partner with us. click here

      To order books, CD's and DVD's by Larry Ollison, click here

      Our records indicate we have your permission to send email to the
following address: floridahealth21 at verizon.net

      Larry Ollison Ministries never sells, rents, or shares your email
address.