[Faith-talk] FW: [ThroneRoomofGod] Today's "Marriage" Scripture by Jason Hunt *October 31, 2009*

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:50:57 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: April Hunt <pastor_april at yahoo.com>
To: Pastor April Hunt <pastor_april at yahoo.com>
Subject: [ThroneRoomofGod] Today's "Marriage" Scripture by Jason Hunt
*October 31, 2009*
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

Today's "Marriage" Scripture by Jason Hunt *October 31, 2009*

Hebrews 13:4 - 4
Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage.
God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.

 A young man recently told me marriage was over rated. He isn't married
yet. Foolishness! But I began to think what happened in his life that made
him think like that. The world sees marriage as a matter of personal
perspective. Television shows litter the air waves called 'Wife Swap',
'Trading Spouses' , 'Desperate Housewives', and reality T.V.
Sensationalizing the dysfunction of the Osbourne's. Where else does the
world find comparison or approval? The spread of same sex marriage across
the world is but a whisper to our current 'pandemic' of H1N1 yet, countless
dollars have been wasted on same sex arguments, countless lives destroyed
and generations to come effected by the destruction of God's design for
marriage. Only decades ago young men courting a young lady had to seek her
fathers approval to date her, let alone marry her. What a concept; seeking
the Father's approval.
 The standard for what marriage really is needs to be re-established.
Beginning within the church. Children need to see mommy and daddy honoring
and loving one another. Teens need to be taught how pornography and
premarital sex will change their lives. Not just the usual scare tactics,
but what God's Word says about these things that they would have knowledge
and an understanding that will stay with them. Young people need to know
what they are getting into, understand courtship, champion purity, exercise
self control, seek marriage preparation from experienced couples and truth
be told; maybe some just shouldn't get married yet. Marriage should be held
in the highest regard. It is intended to be the reward for waiting, the
prize for running the race, the job we have been training for, the
consummation of two informed, submitted, committed people coming together
in unity before God. Marriage should be held in such high regard that it be
defended by
 anyone who has entered into it because they know the benefits. If you
don't defend it, it's time to ask yourself why?
 I need my marriage. It is how God gets my attention. When I am loving my
wife with all my heart it is because I have had to man up in humility and
cry out to her Daddy; 'please Lord, show me how to love your daughter',
'please give me the strength', 'please give me the perseverance, the
fortitude, the finances, the foresight, the passion, the compassion, the
tenderness to love my bride'. When I do, the answers to the mystery begin
to unfold!  Marriage is not an entitlement, it is a privilege and an honor.
Honor your marriage. If you don't God will surely judge you.

God, too many don't understand the gift You have blessed us with. God,
Your children are hurting, they need You. Generations have fallen to their
own desires. Generations have followed the footsteps of those before them.
Too many have believed the lies, too many have been mislead Lord. We beg
You Lord, declare war Father on pornography, feminism and homosexuality.
Raise up a generation of men that will humbly submit to You, that will know
what it is to love a woman, that will know how to lead a family. Raise a
generation of woman that expect a man to treat her like a princess of The
King of Kings! Raise up generations that will honor the sanctity of
marriage that You would be glorified Father, in this world and the next. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

It's Saturday night.
Set your clocks back an hour, one more hour to love your wife.
Jason Hunt
As the man goes; so goes the marriage.

? ? ? ?
Please do not remove when forwarding
Thank you & God Bless
To be added to the daily mailings send an email to
TodaysScripture-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Then Today's Scripture will be delivered to your email address--
Or visit the web site below for daily postings of Today's Scripture.
Questions or prayer needs? Visit http://www.justtheword.net/ or email
april at justtheword.net
  Bible Scripture from the New Living Translation  Bible ;
all other accompanying thoughts & prayers ©Jason Hunt 2009