[Faith-talk] Serious Prayer: My Dad's Cancer Going from Bad to Worse

Mary Donahue braille at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 3 01:52:49 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    Awhile back, I asked prayers for my dad, Dick Jeatran, who is battling
cancer. First, last year, it was bladder cancer. Then it spread to one of
the lymph nodes around Christmas, and after returning to Wisconsin from
Arizona during the summer, he underwent chemotherapy every four to six
weeks. Now, since he and my mother are in Arizona for the winter, the cancer
has spread to his liver and to his hip, the one that has not been replaced.
He will not be undergoing any more chemotherapy, but instead will be
undergoing two weeks of radiation therapy, which may relieve the pain in his
hip, but right now, it's touch and go. I am planning on going to Arizona the
week between Christmas and New Year's. At any rate, if you would all keep
him in your prayers, that would be appreciated. He is past 83, so he is not
young anymore.

    Thank you in advance for any prayers.

Mary Donahue

"Be Well, Do good Work, and keep in touch."
Garrison Keillor