[Faith-talk] Did Jesus seize the day?

Charlene Ota caota at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 30 17:03:57 UTC 2009

Hi, Mary, Gee, I can really relate to your question or feelings.  Recently,
the doctor found a blood clot behind my left knee. I was so shocked and he
insisted that I go immediately to the emergency room since it was late in
the day, he wouldn't let me go home or anything. I told him my doctor was
going to be back from vacation in a week and a half and his answer to that
was "That's too late!"

That whole experience made me realize just how fragile life is. I had
already begun to have shortness of breath, too, which probably indicated
potential small clots in my lungs or something. I don't think any of us
thinks about dying until something happens to bring us up short. Granted, I
was put on blood thinners that typical way these sorts of things are
treated, and I'm feel tons better and will probably be just fine. I am so
grateful  and still count my blessings and think about how thankful I am to
be alive and well, too!

Jesus was somewhat different than us, I think he must have known was coming
down the pike for him. I'd think that would be very hard to deal with as we
love our life in this world because we don't know any better. Maybe he did,
too, since he had his family and everything. Every day is a gift and it's a
challenge to use our time wisely, much like Linda was talking about in her
answer.

Blessings to you, Mary!

Charlene