[Faith-talk] RE Did Jesus Seize the Day?

Thomas j Vos optasiaministry at juno.com
Wed Sep 30 18:09:46 UTC 2009

If we can take this modern expression and apply it to Jesus, yes, he did,
and perfectly.
When we accept that Jesus was human, as well as divine, that  he was like
us in every way, except for sin, then we can well imagine that he felt
the urgency to make the most of the limited time he had.
Of corse, being divine, he knew very clearly what the Father wanted of
him as well as the time table of his life.  But he didn't work the plan
in a mechanical way.
While we don't have the same insight into God's specific intentions for
us for our remaining years, we can aim to conform to His will as we know
it in his Word.
That gives us some freedom to choose one activity over another, but we
will also be balancing out our desires with the call to obedience and
service.
Blessings,
Tom