[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] God's Spiritual Hospital - Day 316

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:00:20 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <BeautyforAshes7 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] God's Spiritual Hospital - Day 316
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:52:35 -0600

God's Spiritual Hospital
Day 316

"I view the church as a hospital," says Dr. H. Norman Wright. "Invite the
people in who are struggling, who are hurting."

The church is not just a place for whole and healthy people to attend.
When you are hurting and in need, the church is the community where you can
find help. Whether you need immediate treatment or long-term care, God has
designed the church to minister to your needs.

Dr. Larry Crabb says, "In the field of the soul there are no professional
surgeons; there are only caring Christians. I think that's a critical thing
for us to realize."

People in the church will enable you, through their love, to move forward
on your journey. They may not know the exact words to say, and their timing
will not always be right, but be assured that they love you because they
love the Lord.

"Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers,
even though they are strangers to you. They have told the church about your
love. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God"
(3 John 1:5-6).

Lord God, it is time for me to visit your hospital-the church. Guide me
to a church that will welcome me with open arms, and give me the courage to
speak up and not hide in the back. Amen.