[Faith-talk] FW: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Revolution Day 22: "If I can just stop sinning, I'll be holy and pleasing to God."

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Aug 2 06:12:25 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: Momsooky <momsooky at yahoo.com>
To: momsooky at yahoo.com
Subject: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Revolution Day 22: "If I can just stop sinning,
I'll be holy and pleasing to God."
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

Revolution Day 22: "If I can just stop sinning, I'll be holy and pleasing
to God."

Day 22 >
Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "If I can just stop
sinning, I'll be holy and pleasing to God."
While it's better not to sin (amen!), the thinking that holiness is
obtained by our sinlessness, is wrong thinking.

Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:
1. Re-define the correct meaning of 'holiness'. Holy doesn't mean
'detaching' from all that is bad. It means 'attaching' to the LOVE of GOD.

2. Remember Adam & Eve. As long as they fellowshipped with God in the
garden, they didn't 'sin'. It was only when they separated themselves that
temptation had its power.  (Genesis 3:1-8)

3. Expect to taste God's goodness. (Psalm 34:8) Once you drink from the
cup of His goodness, you'll no longer hold your cup up to the bitter
fancies of sin.

4. Reverse this thinking. When you are pleasing to God, sin loses its
power. And God is pleased by your faith. (Hebrews 11:6)

5. Be BELIEVING! The sin that leads to other sins is the sin of 'not
believing what God says or what God has done'. (John 16:9) When you believe
Him, you please Him, even with your flaws.

6. Accept the gift of righteousness. When you awake to it, that produces
power over sin. (1 Cor. 15:34)

THINK IT & SAY IT:
I attach myself to the love of God, and therefore I am walking in true
holiness. Attachment to Him repels sin and temptation from me. I expect to
taste God's goodness, and lose my appetite for sin. I believe what God has
done and what He says, and that is holy & pleasing to Him. I am the
righteousness of God through the blood of Jesus!

In His Amazing Love,
Gregory Dickow

[...]

"a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22