[Faith-talk] Need feedback.

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 11 18:07:27 UTC 2010

Hi Jaybee,

I participate in the ministries wherever I can. There are three blind
women in my current church, and we are accepted with open arms and
helped and encouraged as members. I was hired to come here to teach
music in our school and help with the choir, so I sing in the choir
and sing solos, and proofread Spurgeon sermons that one of our
members puts out twice a week for our members to take home and read.

In my former church I played the piano, organ, or keyboard, planned
service music, sang solos, sang in the choir when there was one,
served on the Missions Committee, served on the Deaconness board,
served as prayer chain chairman for most of my 20 years there (except
when I worked full-time), participated in Bible studies and went on
retreats with the women, and ran the sound system for VBS.

Tell Ora not to wait to be invited by the women, but to tell them
she'd like to go with them, or bring a hotdish to the potluck, or
whatever. If they won't let her, then she should talk to the pastor
or his wife, or other leaders in the church, and ask that she be
accepted as much as her sighted peers.  HTH.

Blessings,

Linda