[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Four Ways To Enjoy This Day

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:12:46 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <SongsofJoy at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Four Ways To Enjoy This Day
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:34:44 -0600

      There are four things we can do to be blessed, and be a blessing to
others, today:
      1) Meditate On God's Word
        "I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great
riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in
your decrees; I will not neglect your word." (Psalm 119:14-16)

      God's Word is a "light for our path." (Ps 119:105) It brings us joy
by "teaching, rebuking correcting and training us in righteousness," (2 Tim
3:16) showing us what things are true, noble, right, pure, lovely,
admirable, excellent and praiseworthy, (Phil 4:8) and by reminding us of
all God's promises. (Ps 119:76, Gal 3:14) Take time everyday to read the
Bible.

      2) Live Faithfully
        "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do
what it says." (James 1:22)

      Christians represent the living God to a dying world. Whatever
happens throughout the day our goal should be to "conduct ourselves in a
manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." (Phil 1:27)

      We should be faithful children, parents, spouses, employers,
employees and friends, treating people the way the Bible tells us to, and
remembering when we fall short "if we confess our sins He is faithful and
just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
(1 Jhn 1:9)

      Another aspect of living faithfully is truly putting our faith in
Christ, who we trust to not only pay for our sins, but also provide, guide,
strengthen and comfort us. (Rom 3:22-26, Phil 4:13, 2 Cor 12:9-10)

      3) Live For Others
        "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good
works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Eph 2:10)

      We're created in Christ to do good works, and He has blessed each
of us with gifts which allow us to accomplish these works. Some are good at
encouraging, some are able to teach, some love to pray, others have the
gift of compassion. there are many different types of gifts but what they
all have in common is the gifts God gives us are designed to serve others.

      We're encouraged to have the same attitude as Christ by "serving
one another in love." (Phil, 2:5-7, Gal 5:13) A day spent living for others
will fill your heart with joy because "it's more blessed to give than to
receive." (Acts 20:35)

      4) Rejoice In the Lord Despite Any Earthly Circumstances
        "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the
world." (John 16:33)

      Every day we should rejoice with "joy inexpressible" because we
have a "living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." (1 Pet
1:3-4,8) Even when we go through hardships we still rejoice because we're
focused on this hope.

      We rejoice in spite of the fact that the bank is about to
foreclose, or the doctor has bad news, or whatever else comes our way. We
rejoice because the source of our joy doesn't come from our earthly
circumstances, it comes from our heavenly standing. We rejoice always
because we belong to Christ.

      Have a great day:)
       For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the
truth. Romans 1:18

                  2010 NOTWtags
                  Scraps: butterfly - Mary's ScrapGalerie
                  Font: Jane Austen