[Faith-talk] Reccommend books?

Penny Golden goldpen at frontiernet.net
Thu Feb 11 18:15:49 UTC 2010

If anyone is a member of bookShare, he or she might like to read the
book by Johanna Ruth Dobscheiner called: "Selected to live."
It might be called "Chosen to Live."  i think the book underwent a
name change at some point. I couldn't put it down; it is the second
time I have read this wonderful book about a Jewish girl living in Holland.
During her hiding time, she encountered the Bible, almost for the
first time.  What an amazing story is hers.
Her escape is just remarkable.  One time she had been put in a car
with older people on their way to one of the death camps.  But when
the older people heard that she had been in infectious diseases, they
positively refused to let her ride in their carriage.
We don't want you; get out.  Such was their attitude.  And she
managed to get off that train bound for death.  Those wise old folks
saved her life. and it wasn't the first nor the last time.

You will appreciate Christ in a whole new way if you read this book.