[Faith-talk] FW: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Revolution Day 9: "I'm just not a strong enough Christian."

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jul 5 10:52:20 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: Momsooky <momsooky at yahoo.com>
To: momsooky at yahoo.com
Subject: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ Revolution Day 9: "I'm just not a strong enough
Christian."
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:48:13 -0700 (PDT)

Revolution Day 9: "I'm just not a strong enough Christian."
Day 9 >
Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "I'm just not a strong
enough Christian."
Who hasn't thought that at times? Not strong enough to overcome the
temptation you're facing; not strong enough to keep going; not strong
enough to make it through this economy or trials you're facing.

Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:
1. Rejoice in your weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:5 (LB) says, "I am going to
boast only about how weak I am and how great God is to use such weakness
for his glory." When we are weak, that's when God's strength is activated.

2. Stop making promises to God. Not only does that wear you out, and
frustrate you; but it's an insult to God's grace. Christianity is not about
the promises we make to God, but the promises He made to us. Look up 2
Peter 1:4. It's by the promises we live!

3. Wake up with the Holy Spirit! First thing in the morning, admit you're
weak (rather than waiting for life to beat you into admission!) Ask for His
help. He'll pray through you. (Romans 8:26)

4. Strength comes from the Word of God. Fill up on it. 1 John 2:13
says...you are strong because the Word abides in you-THEN you overcome the
evil one.

5. See your weakness as an offering. Give it to God, He will use it and
use you anyway, proving His greatness.  You give God glory when your trust
is in Him not in yourself.

6. You don't have to look good. In your honest admission and trust, God
opens the heavens and works in you from the inside out. (John 1:47, 51)

     THINK IT & SAY IT:
God's strength is working in me, even in my weakness. I stop trying to
look good, and trust the Word of God to give me the strength I need. God is
working in me, and He will finish what He started. I live by the promises
of God, and by the Holy Spirit strengthening me today, in Jesus' Name.

In His Amazing Love,

Gregory Dickow

"a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Prov 17:22