[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] David Wilkerson - NO LONGER SLAVES

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:12:39 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>, <CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>, "Donna Mae"
<btlg1370 at gmail.com>, <walkwithchrist at tampabay.rr.com>,
<rhansen at reachone.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] David Wilkerson -  NO LONGER SLAVES
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:31:11 -0400

NO LONGER SLAVES

Abraham Lincoln is said to have "freed the slaves" with the Emancipation
Proclamation. This legal document declared that slavery was dead and all
the
slaves were set free.

When this news first spread through southern plantations, many of the
slaves
would not believe it. They continued slaving for their masters, convinced
their
promise of freedom was a hoax. Numbers of unscrupulous landowners told
their
slaves it was just a rumor and kept them under bondage. But little by
little,
the truth dawned on them as they saw former slaves walking about, happy
in
their newfound freedom. One by one, they threw down their loads, turned
their
backs on slavery, and walked away to begin a new life.

Maybe you haven't heard yet, or maybe it sounds too good to be true, but
Christ
emancipated all the slaves to sin at Calvary. You can now "walk out" on
the
devil! You can throw down your load of sin, walk away from Satan's
dominion,
and enter into a new life of freedom.

Let me show you what the Bible means when it talks about dying to sin.
When
Lincoln emancipated the slaves, the "issue" of slavery died. Not the
slave
master-not the slave. The slave could walk away free, saying to himself,
"Slavery is a dead issue."

Now the slave could slip back into the field and pick a few more rows of
cotton-perhaps through fear or instinct-but that in no way made him a
slave
again. He was free, but he had to exercise his freedom. The proclamation
couldn't force compliance, and neither could the slave master force him to
return. It was a matter of the will of the slave.

The Bible says, "...he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead
with
Christ, we believe we shall also live with him" (Romans 6:7-8).

What that means is simply this: Since the matter of your slavery to sin
is a
dead issue, seeing that Christ has already declared you emancipated, you
are
now free to live as a new person in Christ by thinking of yourself as
unchained.

Christ can't make you do right, and Satan can't make you do wrong. Christ
declares you are free by faith, but you must act as a free person.

Read this devotion online: http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/7958

Pulpit Series Newsletters
====

The Present Greatness of Christ, 03.15.10
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/coverletter/2010/present-greatness-of-chris

Hold Onto Your Confidence, 02.22.10
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/coverletter/2010/hold-onto-your-confidence

The Making of a Man of God, 02.01.10
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/coverletter/2010/making-of-a-man-of-god

Sermons By David Wilkerson
====

The Prodigal, 08.01.04
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/2394

A Call to Anguish, 09.15.02
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/sermons/david_wilkerson/call_to_anguish

The Great Responsibility of Those Forgiven, 05.01.03
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/4754

~~~~

For more sermons by David Wilkerson visit our Pulpit Series Newsletters
[http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/pulpit_series_newsletters] and Sermon
Media
Center [http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/sermons]

Audio sermons by David and Gary Wilkerson are also available via our
audio
podcast in iTunes [http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=294033386]

Connect with World Challenge [http://twitter.com/world_challenge] and
Gary
Wilkerson [http://twitter.com/garywilkerson] on Twitter

Connect with World Challenge
[http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lindale-TX/World-Challenge-Inc/35064056893]
and
Gary Wilkerson [http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=600330241] on
Facebook

(c)2010 World Challenge, Inc.

You are welcome to make copies for FREE distribution or retransmit the
devotional via e-mail, but all devotionals must be copied or retransmitted
in
their entirety. However, devotionals may not be posted on any website,
printed,
or used in any media without written permission from World Challenge,
Inc. Each
request is considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact World
Challenge,
Inc. using our online contact form
[http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/contact]
or by calling (903) 963-8626

~~~~

To receive the HTML version of this newsletter send a blank email to
sympa at lists.worldchallenge.org with the subject "set devotions-en html".
Do
not include the quotes.

To receive the multipart (text & HTML) version of this newsletter send a
blank
email to sympa at lists.worldchallenge.org with the subject "set
devotions-en
mail".  Do not include the quotes.